Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and skilled Buyer, working for a market leading manufacturing company. As the Buyer you will hold operational and tactical responsibilities for managing supplier quality, cost and delivery in line with company requirements and strategic responsibilities by assisting with the development of the function and the supply base in line with company strategy. Additionally, the successful candidate will assist as necessary with the maintenance and control of record keeping and process control.
- Driven to deliver continual improvement and achieve set results and objectives.
- Demonstrates a positive approach to own/team development and behaviours. Performs additional duties and assignments as requested and needed by the business.
- Develops Interpersonal skills - listens actively, gives/receives feedback and criticism effectively and creates positive links with other teams.
- Regular discussions and communications with team and personnel interfacing with the role regarding workplace issues.
- Demonstrates effective use of time and prioritising workload. Escalates constraints and issues with line manager when required.
- Demonstrates a good operational knowledge of the plant and processes.
- Reports all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions as necessary to line management. Actively seeks opportunities to promote safety improvements.
- Is vigilant in the role and constantly trying to reduce poor quality product from entering the business. Promoting adherence to standard work practices and their improvement.
- Understands CI approach and actively promotes CI activities when possible.
- Engages others as required to problem solve and identify robust solutions to root causes.
- Regularly uses audit system with noticeable improved housekeeping in areas from both visual and audit scores
- Demonstrates a positive approach to business needs, colleagues & the work environment - even when things are going wrong.
- Shows commitment to the dept. plans and objectives with the ability to constantly exceed customers’ expectations and prioritize area’s where effort is most effective to business need.
- Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Purchasing related experience. (Internal applicants – a will & desire to learn quickly).
- Experience of working in a Continuous improvement/ Development focused organisation.
- Experience working with demanding timescales and in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering or technical background would be an advantage
- Able to develop and implement change.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and man-management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of buying/procurement in a Material Requirements Planning environment.
- Experience in sub-contract processing and treatment management.
- Some knowledge of Engineering disciplines and processes.
- Some experience in interpreting and understanding of technical drawings and specifications.
£26,000 - £28,000 pa + 3.5% annual bonus
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Buyer, Reference: LG / BBBH14581". Thank you for your interest.