Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer, to join a market leading engineering company, who specialise in consumer goods packaging. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing robust engineering solutions and services across various mechanical projects, which meet Ultra business unit manufacturability, quality and schedule requirements.
Shift pattern is Days, Afternoons and Nights.
- Mechanically biased technician with some tooling experience or tooling
- Responsibility for the routine maintenance of existing production tooling, working closely with both internal external stakeholders as required.
- Perform effective planned preventative inspection & repairs on press tooling.
- Perform scheduled Planned Preventative Maintenance on production equipment to minimise unplanned downtime and quality concerns [such as hydraulic & power presses, conveyors, resistance welding machines, hydraulic guillotines, stretch & shrink wrap machinery] .
- Work with Support Managers to produce & develop effective maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods.
- Liaise with Production and Quality departments to ensure Tooling availability to press quality parts.
- Documenting breakdowns; identifying route cause with the company Breakdown Analysis Procedure and remedial action to help identify and resolve reoccurring issues.
- Repair and refurbishment of existing tooling.
- Maintain tooling documentation within quality requirements.
- Track and monitor tooling asset performance
- Coordinate and technically support tool trials and process implementation.
- Prepare tooling for manufacturing in line with production plan.
- Assess condition of all tooling following production & perform minor reworks / repairs utilizing in house & external facilities.
- Liaise with external tool makers to arrange for and manage major repairs where required.
- Communicate associated failure modes and remedial actions and work collaboratively to deliver tooling improvements and improve MTTR/MTBF.
- Ensure a high standard of 5S housekeeping is maintained throughout the departmental and manufacturing facility.
- Happy to work independently and in a team
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Resourceful, proactive and pragmatic in problem solving
- Able to deliver to schedule
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- “Can do” attitude
- Strong team-working abilities
- Be a logical problem solver with excellent fault-finding abilities.
- Strong communication skills, able to report across all levels.
- Be experienced on high-speed production press tooling.
£36,000 - £38,000 pa
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Maintenance Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH14243". Thank you for your interest.