Project Material Planner
Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Project Material Planner. Main purpose of the role will be deliver a customer projects to cost, to the required level of quality and to schedule as mutually agreed.
Duties will include:
- Manage existing and future orders from order placement through to delivery of goods, documentation and final payment.
- Coordinate and expedite project activities (such as creating project plans, placing subcontractor orders etc.) to ensure the successful completion of each contract on time
- To ensure customer requirements are fully understood and implemented in all Project Management, manufacturing (both internal and external) and reporting (including documentation packages) activities.
- Liaise with customer and their representatives on site, as well as internal manufacturing units and external subcontractors regarding all elements of the contract
- Ensure all technical, quality and documentation
- requirements are being met
- Plan all aspects of the project (creating programmes) and maintain the project execution plan.
- Develop a good understanding of the quality requirements associated with the Client and the Project
- Document preparation and collation for final documentation package, create despatch paperwork such as bills of landing etc. and arrange the physical process of despatch (count, pack, transport etc.)
- Support the Document Controller with the transmittal and receipt of documentation.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and complete associated administration tasks.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with third party contracts
- Maintain secure store for third party goods (check goods, stock take, maintain building etc.)
- Work with the Technical Teams to resolve any technical issues through the appropriate channels
- Issue concessions, deviations and NCRs as appropriate.
- Arrange and support third party/customer inspection visits and attend any internal inspection
Skills and experience required:
- Good general knowledge of material properties and engineering processes.
- Significant prior experience of coordinating/managing contracts within a demanding engineering environment such as the nuclear or defence industry.
- An appreciation of QA, inspection, testing and documentation requirements
- Ability to build relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Familiar and competent with project management tools such as MS Project
- Experience working within a complex Project environment with exposure to, and interaction with clients
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and proactively
- when required, while ensuring Project team members are kept informed
£35,000 - £38,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Project Material Planner, Reference: LG / 15383". Thank you for your interest.