Engineering Team Leader
Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Team Leader. The successful candidate will be multi skilled, with working Knowledge on both Mechanical and Electrical aspects. The Engineering function is key to the continued success and improvement of our site operations as we strive to consistently deliver a world-class service in a fast-paced environment to delight our customers and grow our business.
3 shift working pattern (rotating)
- 00 - 14.00 Monday to Thursday and 06.00 - 13.00 Friday
- 00 - 22.00 Monday to Thursday and 13.00 - 20.00 Friday
- 00 - 06.00 Monday to Thursday and 20.00 - 03.00 Friday
- To ensure the efficient and effective operation of the teams to achieve a high level of asset care and asset reliability
- Promotion of safe working practices and leadership ensuring adherence to all items associated with health and safety
- Co-ordinate activities and demonstrate clear leadership to the shift teams and ensure they are adding value at all times
- Monitor individual shift performance and identify areas of improvement
- Plan the day to day labour/skills requirements to cover the shift patterns and overtime requirements
- Effectively controlling budgets for capital expenditure, manning levels, raw materials, engineering and production volume including identification of shortfalls and planned corrective actions
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of planned and preventative maintenance routines assigned to the shift, analysing all breakdowns to ensure appropriate counter measures are implemented either through immediate actions, PM or TPM amendments.
- Leading the team in reacting to unplanned stoppages and quality issues within the plant, process and equipment.
- Ensure that equipment utilisation is maximised whilst driving the team towards achieving departmental KPI’s.
- Involvement in root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects
- 17th or 18th edition wiring regulation
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Sound technical ability and knowledge of plant systems Supervisory experience and ideally hold a supervisory qualification
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings
- Have the ability to lead, control and provide actions in departmental and site wide meetings
- Flexibility, confidence and use of initiative are essential, as the role requires quick thinking and the ability to change plans at short notice, enabling the department to offer an efficient and effective service
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Engineering Team Leader, Reference: LG / 15869". Thank you for your interest.