Immediate start - Accounts Assistant
Brewster Partners are working with well respected business in the business support sector to recruit for an accounts payable administrator. The company pride themselves on their high standard of operation, leading to them being a well-respected name within their industry. Operating on an annual turnover of over £20 million, the company is growing fast and seeking individuals who have big personalities and a drive to impress.
The main aspect of the role is supporting with the processing invoices over the holiday period, with an opportunity of becoming permanent for the ideal fit. Providing support to various areas of the business to ensure processes are running to deadlines is the key focus of this position.
The role within Accounts Payable will be to support the wider finance team by dealing with the purchase ledger in its entirety. Other tasks to support the creation of the monthly management accounts will also be a core responsibility to the position, alongside additional cover for accounts receivable function.
This position will require the individual to perform a variety of functions within their given role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Processing high volumes of supplier invoices within a timely manner
- Deal with the setting up and management of supplier accounts within the purchase ledger
- Routinely reconcile supplier statements
- Resolve disputed invoices with their relevant suppliers
- Manage queries surrounding disputed invoices, taking regular and measured action
- Manage aged creditors to avoid late payments to suppliers
- Collaborate with other relevant teams to ensure deadlines are met accordingly
- Evaluate and process employee expenses monthly
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) alongside a desire to work with people. Due to the nature of the role, organisational skills that can be applied to tasks such as word processing and databases are essential – as well as new and varied software. Someone who finds themselves enjoying problem solving will find the role very satisfying.
Prior finance experience is desired.
- Competitive salary (up to £22,000)
- Pension Scheme
- On Site Parking
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Immediate start - Accounts Assistant, Reference: JHK / BBBH15924". Thank you for your interest.