HR/ Learning and Development Officer
Brewster Partners are working with a leading business in Sheffield for a Learning and Development Officer to oversee and develop the HRLD function. The role will have one direct report (HR Administrator /Payroll Clerk) and the role owner is required to be a proactive, determined individual willing and able to manage this fast paced department.
- Day to day management of the department and the HR Administrator/payroll Clerk.
- Managing the recruitment process interacting with relevant Senior Management Team
- Identify training gaps
- Creating Job Descriptions (JD), advertising available roles via LinkedIn or recruitment agencies and training managers how to recruit successfully
- Manage the onboarding process by issuing offer letters, creating files, arranging, and delivering HR inductions, completion of all relevant documents, arranging IT & operational inductions.
- Ensure that all relevant HR policies are in place and fit for purpose.
- Keep the company colleague handbook is up to date and accessible to all colleagues.
- Liaise with the SMT and ensure all colleagues have an up-to-date Job Description.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries and manage or delegate.
- Attend any relevant meetings and where appropriate draw up minutes and distribute relevant notes/actions.
- Coordinate leavers process completing leavers checklist, ensuring letters are issued, company items are returned, oversee the exit interview process and any other relevant task.
- Ensure all new starter stage 1,2 and 3 reviews are completed and followed up where necessary.
- Conduct PDR training when required and liaise with SMT to ensure PDR’s take place logging any training highlighted on the training matrix and recording agreed objectives.
- Assist in developing a network of excellent training providers to meet the needs of the business.
- Update the company training matrix as and when necessary, organising new or refresher training when required.
- Assist in ensuring statutory training requirements are met and evaluate training and development programs.
- Manage the company colleague development and performance management process.
- Head up the company Health & Wellbeing forum and manage the company H&W support program.
- Contribute an update to the monthly Supply Chain dept dashboard along with meaningful HRLD stats
- Maintain a constant high level of confidentiality and be part of the GDPR forum.
- Qualified to CIPD 5 or higher as an absolute minimum
- Strong administration skills.
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Be flexible and have a willingness to learn;
- Enjoy working with people;
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable;
- Be able to stay calm in difficult situations;
- Have good commercial awareness;
- Be confident about gathering facts and statistics;
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: HR/ Learning and Development Officer, Reference: gh / 7890". Thank you for your interest.