Brewster Partners are delighted to be working exclusively with a Worksop based business to recruit a Category Buyer. The role will provide procurement support for a high spending business unit that hasn't received much focus so there is a lot of opportunity to make cost savings.
- Analysing previous spend in the category identifying opportunity for saving.
- Identifying areas that would benefit from supplier agreements.
- Full tender process with potential suppliers.
- Product/Service negotiation with suppliers, including use of online negotiation tools.
- Supplier management.
- Assess, lead and implement ways to increase overall process efficiency.
- Work on jointly prioritised commercial projects with the business unit to drive cost savings, efficiency's and procurement/contract compliance.
- Supporting and challenging stakeholders on procurement process and opportunities.
- Develop and own the business unit’s procurement category plan
- Market engagement and sourcing through to supplier management to drive commercial projects.
- Be a point of escalation for the team on issues/queries relating to categorised contracts.
- Review and monitor non-compliance within the companies contractual agreements
- You must have strong communication and negotiation skills, with a strong understanding of procurement/sourcing processes and operations.
- 3 + year buyer experience essential
- CIPS level 4 +
- Experience of working in a busy Procurement role.
- You must have the confidence to make sound recommendations to the client and must be fully experienced with running a tender.
- Stakeholder management - includes internal stakeholders and supplier relationship management
- 25 days plus stats
- Remote working
- Opportunity to develop
- CIPS training (level 5 plus)
- Free parking
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Category Buyer, Reference: GH / 1789". Thank you for your interest.