Due to business expansion, Brewster Partners have an exciting opportunity to work with a leading International business based in their Sheffield office.
My client is a hugely successful international business with over 20+ years industry knowledge and a company T/O in excess of £20m expected for 2022.
Working from the Sheffield Location, the IT Manager will be accountable for all IT queries, assistance and service delivery covering the Europe arm of the business.
This is a 'hands on' technical and management role, you will cover all my client's European IT operations across the Yorkshire and Midlands area, with occasional weekly travel across vaious UK sites.
You will also be responsible for managing my client’s local IT team of 1st and 2nd line technical support engineers, this also includes training and development plans for the team.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT management, ideally holding a similar industry related degree
- Working with other senior / technical colleagues work closely to co-ordinate planned site visits covering the Yorkshire and Midlands area, including Sheffield, Leamington Spa, Lincoln, Nottingham, Sheffield, and Telford offices, while supporting these locations remotely
- Valid driving license is a must for this role, whilst own transportation would be beneficial, a pool vehicle is available for site visits
- Ability to manage day-to-day IT support within a service desk environment
- Management and support of new users through the onboarding process of internal IT systems including configuration of end user hardware for both new users and system upgrades
- Ability to monitor system backups and resolving technical issues with including system restores
- Keeping all infrastructure and end user hardware and software up to date and audited correctly including contracts and licensing
- Being accountable for global security and infrastructure strategy
- Identifying and monitoring security risks and looking to continuously improve security processes and procedures
- Manage the technology budget and look to improve IT systems by replacing dated equipment
- Attend management meetings and convey regular updates across technology teams
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Ability to convey technical requirements to a non-technical audience
- Ability to lead a team, prioritise and delegate work individually across the wider IT team
Based at the Sheffield office with regular travel being a key requirement of the role, with visits to most client locations on a monthly basis.
- Office 365
- IT service management tools and ticketing systems
- Networking infrastructure - Wi-Fi, switching, TCP/IP, DHCP & DNS, VLANs
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Microsoft Server 2016 and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Active Directory and AzureAD
- Backup solutions
- Security software and hardware including Firewalls
- 5% pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Private dentalcare
- Life assurance – 4x annual salary
- 32 days holiday (25 plus P/P)
- 3.5% annual salary
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: IT Manager, Reference: DC / BBBH16144". Thank you for your interest.