Group Financial Controller : Manufacturing : North Sheffield
Our client is a well-established group of manufacturing businesses based around the Penistone area north of Sheffield who are now looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller to the business.
The group has a turnover of around £50m currently with the aim to grow this to over £100m turnover within 3 years. They will achieve this by organic growth but they also have a clear acquisitions strategy to add to the group.
In addition to the day to day management of the routine accounting and finance function and management of the existing local finance team you will also support and advise the board as it seeks to fulfil its plans for expansion. This would include assistance with both acquisition and integration of new businesses and the development of relevant financial reporting and controls.
This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join a business who have a strong track record of success and who enjoys working autonomously to drive improvements across the finance department and wider business.
- Control of the accounting functions, financial transactions and financial reporting in line with Group procedures, including income, expenditure, capex etc.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting, sales and financial budgets that fulfil the requirements both of “Group” and Company.
- Financial monitoring and reporting of the business for both Group and Company including full monthly management account reports and forward revenue and cash forecasting.
- Working with Group to ensure all regulatory / statutory requirements are met regarding the company’s financial affairs.
- Manage the required tax reporting, tax returns, tax payments.
- Report on and control the company’s liquidity / cash-flow.
- Provide analysis of the company’s business performance to the Management team as required - proposing potentials for improvement and supporting the implementation.
- To be responsible for the accurate management and sign off of the company Payroll.
- To monitor changes in financial regulations and legislation that may affect the business (including those relating to HR / Pensions etc.)
- To oversee all aspects of HR and ensure documentation requirements are fulfilled in line with legal responsibilities and audit requirements.
- Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with relevant accountancy experience
- Dependable, proactive and with a strong track record of leading teams you will be able to demonstrate an ability meet deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and an analytical approach.
- Manufacturing experience is advantageous but not essential
- Candidates should be looking to progress to a FD role and have experience within a fast moving manufacturing/products based business and have had previous broader general senior management / executive responsibility that extends beyond the accounts/finance reporting function.
- Salary guide £70k - £85k plus benefits
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Group Financial Controller : Manufacturing : North Sheffield, Reference: CB / BBBH15532". Thank you for your interest.