Finance Director : West Yorkshire : Start ASAP
Our client, based in West Yorkshire, are looking to appoint a Finance Director to join an established organisation with over 35 years’ experience within their sector. They have ambitious plans to continue their growth organically within their market and they are also looking to make key strategic acquisitions to the group as well. Forming part of a diverse and successful group our client has a turnover or around £20m with EBITDA of £3m. The business is based within a commutable distance from Huddersfield, Bradford, Dewsbury and the South West side of Leeds.
The business is looking to appoint a Finance Director to head up their finance team and help lead the business from a finance perspective. The role is key to the ongoing success and direction of the business. This role will appeal to someone who is either an established FD or is looking for a step up with a route to FD within a 6-12 month period.
Reporting to and working alongside the MD, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, and forecasting. You will have need a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with regulations and legislation.
- Produce statutory accounts and oversee production of monthly management accounts
- Company Secretarial duties; ensuring compliance, primary contact for Bankers/Lawyers/Brokers.
- Appropriate tax planning and compliance
- Management of the annual budgeting process; maintain profit/cash forecasts.
- Lead and develop the finance team of around 6/7.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities for the business.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Undertake third party contract reviews, providing commercial and financial advice to support bids/proposals.
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME. Ideally the candidate will have experience of working within a contracting environment. Also if any candidate has specific experience within the Construction, Utilities or Energy sectors this would be beneficial but not a requirement.
You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing management information systems, working with external advisors and providing robust procedures and controls. Experience in managing wider operations teams and an HR function would also be advantageous.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing an established finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and external bodies in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level. You will be open, engaging and have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will proactively seek opportunities to add value and develop the business alongside the MD.
- Competitive salary on offer between £70 - £80k depending on experience
- Provision of Car or Car Allowance
- Other corporate benefits
- This role is NOT remote but there is flexibility
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Finance Director : West Yorkshire : Start ASAP, Reference: CB / BBBH15500". Thank you for your interest.