Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Nottingham
Brewster Partners are working exclusively with a market leading business with a turnover around £100-150m in Nottingham who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to join their expanding finance team. This is a completely new role and the business has seen huge success over the last 5 years with double digit growth year on year.
This Financial Controller will work extremely closely with the FD and this is a pivotal new role for the business. This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join a business who has a strong track record of success and are continually looking to add to their revenue streams by acquisition and organic growth. Furthermore this role will serve as a platform for someone looking to be a FD of the future.
The role will oversee all of the statutory reporting requirements and also oversee a team of five within the department.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Full responsibility for financial reporting, monthly management accounts, and transactions
- Take responsibility for a growing finance function from qualified to transactional level accountants overseeing a team of five
- Management of the annual budgeting and forecasting process including cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and complete all statutory compliance, including VAT and Corporate Tax
- Analyse business performance to the senior management team advising on potential improvements and supporting the implementation of these improvements.
- Ad hoc projects including preparing the budgets for these against predicted & actual costs
- Take the lead on the annual audit and being the point of contact for the external auditors
- Oversee payroll and transactional processes including invoicing
- Take responsibility for helping implement a new finance system and improving processes
- The business is looking to appoint an individual who can play a major part in the long term future of the business and business partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Fully Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience working in manufacturing would be advantageous but not essential
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard and be an effective communicator
- Experience producing monthly management accountants and statutory accounts
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant with a strong track record of leading a team.
- £50,000 - £60,000 but dependent on experience may flex on this
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Fantastic working environment with great office where everyone is highly valued within the business
- Flexible working environment
- Corporate benefits and discounts for employees
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Nottingham, Reference: CB / BBBH15240". Thank you for your interest.