Financial Controller : High Growth SME : Sheffield
Brewster Partners are working exclusively with an established business in Sheffield with a presence within their market for over 20 years are entering an exciting period of their life cycle where through huge organic growth are now looking to appoint their first Financial Controller to the Group. The owner managers of the business are highly entrepreneurial individuals who own and operate a number of successful companies and are now looking for an individual to shape and take charge of their finance function.
Over the last 12 months one of the businesses the owners have developed has gone from £500k to £5m and is showing huge potential for further growth going forward which gives you an insight into the ambition and success of the group.
The business is looking for a Financial Controller who can grow with the business and bring their own ideas to the table to help improve controls, develop staff and fully integrate systems within the organisation and be key member of the senior management team.
This FC will work extremely closely with the MD and the GM and is a pivotal new role for the business. This role will support the board on key decisions around strategic direction of the business. This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join a business who have a strong track record of success and who enjoys working autonomously to drive improvements across the finance department.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Full responsibility for all accounting functions, including financial reporting and transactions
- Take responsibility and management for a growing finance function
- Management of cash flow, the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage required tax reporting
- Analyse business performance to the senior management team advising on potential improvements and supporting the implementation of these improvements.
- Ad hoc projects
- Be key point of contact for external stakeholders
- Build a vision for the finance department for what the successful candidate wants it to look like
- This role will offer the successful candidate a route to becoming a Finance Director in the future and the business is looking to appoint an individual who can play a major part in the long term future of the business.
- Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with relevant accountancy experience (Qualified by Experience will also be considered)
- Experience within a growing SME is preferred
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard
- Candidates will ideally have a strong academic background with relevant degree
- Candidates must be highly ambitious and have an eye on progressing to FD level within an organisation
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant with a strong track record of leading a team.
- Experience of foreign currency management, import/export is preferred but not essential
£40,000 - £55,000 pa + Parking, Bonus & Pension
If this is a role that interests you and you feel you have the required skill set and experience to take on this opportunity, please apply ASAP or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : High Growth SME : Sheffield, Reference: CB / BBBH15236". Thank you for your interest.