Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Excellent Progression
A well-established manufacturing business based in Chesterfield with are looking to appoint their first Financial Controller to the business. The business has a sub £10m turnover and have created this new position due to their desire to expand have the right financial controls in place in order to do so. Finance is pivotal to all decisions within the business and they are looking for someone who wants to have a broad exposure across the business and not just solely within the finance department.
The business is looking for an experienced manufacturing Financial Controller who can bring their own ideas to the table to help improve controls, develop staff and fully integrate systems within the organisation and be key member of the senior management team. For the right individual this role will naturally evolved into a FD position with possible equity prospects as well.
This FC will work extremely closely with the MD and is a pivotal new role for the business. This role will support the board on key decisions about the strategy of the business. This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join a fast paced, hands on environment and who enjoys working autonomously to drive improvements across the finance department and wider business.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Full responsibility for all accounting functions, including financial reporting and transactions
- Take responsibility for a growing finance function from qualified to transactional level accountants
- Management of the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Establishing and maintaining costing models
- Manage required tax reporting
- Analyse business performance to the senior management team advising on potential improvements and supporting the implementation of these improvements.
- Oversee all HR aspects
- Carrying out inventory accounting
- Ad hoc projects
- Build a vision for the finance department for what the successful candidate wants it to look like
- This role will offer the successful candidate a route to becoming a Finance Director in the future and the business is looking to appoint an individual who can play a major part in the long term future of the business.
- Fully Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or open to qualified by experience for individuals who have strong sector specific experience
- There is a preference for candidates from a manufacturing/engineering/FMCG background
- Experience within a growing SME is preferred
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard
- Candidates must be highly ambitious and have an eye on progressing to FD level within an organisation
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant with a strong track record of leading a team.
- Experience of foreign currency management is preferred.
- Competitive salary £50,000 - £55,000
- Opportunity to progress to FD with equity stake
- Pension & Bonus
- 25 days holiday
If this is a role that interests you and you feel you have the required skill set and experience to take on this opportunity, please apply ASAP or email your CV to email@example.com expressing your interest.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Excellent Progression, Reference: CB / BBBH15079". Thank you for your interest.