Finance Director : Fully Remote
Our client who are working exclusively with Brewster Partners operate within the professional services industry providing consultancy led work to major household brands and organisations. They have around 10 years’ experience working in a high growth sector orientated around the 'green market'. They have a clear track record for success and have ambitious plans to continue their growth within their market having recently made significant investment within the business over the last 12 months. My client has turnover sub £10m currently but have plans to grow this significantly following their recent investment.
The business are looking to appoint a Finance Director to head up their finance team and help lead the business from a finance perspective.
Reporting to and working alongside the MD & Board, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, and forecasting. You will have need a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with regulations and legislation.
- Produce statutory accounts and oversee production of monthly management accounts
- Company Secretarial duties; ensuring compliance, primary contact for Bankers/Lawyers/Brokers.
- Appropriate tax planning and compliance
- Management of the annual budgeting process; maintain profit/cash forecasts.
- Lead and develop the finance team and also a new senior leadership team across the business
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities for the business.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and Board, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Undertake third party contract reviews, providing commercial and financial advice to support bids/proposals.
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME.
You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing management information systems, working with external advisors and providing robust procedures and controls. Experience in managing wider operations teams and an HR function would also be advantageous. Preferably you will have an interest in working for a business strongly associated with the Green Economy.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and external bodies in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level. You will be open, engaging and have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will proactively seek opportunities to add value and develop the business alongside the MD and Board.
- Competitive salary on offer between £65k- £85k depending on experience
- Holidays 25 days plus bank holidays
- Pension & Private Healthcare
- Fantastic working environment with great culture
- Fully remote working
- Periodic travel through the year between Europe and London
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Finance Director : Fully Remote, Reference: CB / BBBH14988". Thank you for your interest.