Financial Controller : Manufacturing & Engineering : Doncaster
A well-established manufacturing and engineering business in Doncaster are looking to appoint an experienced and ambitious Finance Controller to oversee the finance and accounting function for the business.
This role will lead the finance team and support and advise the senior management team on their strategic growth and will provide assistance with revenue generating activity and also have a particular focus on improving financial reporting and controls for the business as well.
The business has a turnover of around £15m and they are looking for an individual who is looking to develop into a future FD. Working closely with the MD & GM on site the successful individual will help support and run the business on a day to day basis.
The position isn’t a typical head down focused position but one which blends traditional reporting requirements with the need to constantly add value to the business by focusing on a variety of commercial areas.
The Financial Controller will have ultimate responsibility for producing financial reporting, FP&A, balance sheet reconciliations, driving improvements across controls and processes, operational finance and ad hoc projects when required.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Ensure timely production of monthly management accounts including investigation of variances and KPI analysis
- Production of draft year-end financial statements & associated Tax packs
- Oversee the year-end audit process
- Responsibility for supervision and completion of balance sheet accounts reconciliation, P&L analysis
- Design and implement robust and meaningful analysis / commercial commentary of month end reporting
- Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Report on and control the company’s liquidity/cash-flow.
- Provide analysis of the company’s business performance to the Management team as required - proposing potential for improvement and supporting the implementation.
- Timely & accurate completion/submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Providing support in both financial & non-financial colleagues with ongoing development of new IT System
- Oversee the accounts team
- Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or Qualified by experience
- The candidate must have a background in manufacturing or engineering
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard & have experience of using ERP Systems
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant who is a team player
- Self-motivated & driven individual who wants to join an exciting growing SME
- Desire to become a future FD
- £60,000 - £70,000 package (depending on experience) plus benefits
- Continuous career development plan
- 33 days holiday including statutory holiday
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : Manufacturing & Engineering : Doncaster, Reference: CB / BBBH12597". Thank you for your interest.