Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Nottingham
A market leading business with a turnover around £50m in Nottingham are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to join their expanding finance team. This is a completely new role and the business has seen huge success over the last 5 years with double digit growth year on year.
This Financial Controller will work extremely closely with the FD and this is a pivotal new role for the business. This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join a business who has a strong track record of success and are continually looking to add to their revenue streams by acquisition and organic growth.
The role will oversee all of the statutory reporting requirements and also oversee a team of five within the department.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Full responsibility for financial reporting, monthly management accounts, and transactions
- Take responsibility for a growing finance function from qualified to transactional level accountants overseeing a team of five
- Management of the annual budgeting and forecasting process including cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and complete all statutory compliance, including VAT and Corporate Tax
- Analyse business performance to the senior management team advising on potential improvements and supporting the implementation of these improvements.
- Ad hoc projects including preparing the budgets for these against predicted & actual costs
- Take the lead on the annual audit and being the point of contact for the external auditors
- Oversee payroll and transactional processes including invoicing
- Take responsibility for helping implement a new finance system and improving processes
- The business is looking to appoint an individual who can play a major part in the long term future of the business and business partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Fully Qualified accountant or Qualified by Experience
- Experience within a growing SME would be useful but not essentiall.
- This role might appeal to someone looking to make their first move into industry from practice
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard and be an effective communicator
- Experience producing monthly management accountants and statutory accounts
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant with a strong track record of leading a team.
- Salary on offer between £50,000 - £60,000
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Fantastic working environment with great office where everyone is highly valued within the business
- Flexible working and currently working remotely
- Corporate benefits and discounts for employees
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Nottingham, Reference: CB / BBBH12337". Thank you for your interest.