Financial Controller : Family Business : Rotherham
A well-established business trading over 20 years has recently experienced significant growth over the last 18 months due to substantial investment by the owners in terms of the products & services they deliver. The business, with a sub £15m turnover, is now is a high growth group and they are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to the growing family owned business. This newly created position will report directly into the owners.
The position isn’t a typical head down focused position but one which blends traditional reporting requirements with the need to constantly add value to the business by focusing on a variety of commercial areas.
The Financial Controller will have ultimate responsibility for producing financial reporting, FP&A, balance sheet reconciliations, driving improvements across controls and processes, operational finance and ad hoc projects when required.
This role will have full responsibility for the following remit:
- Full responsibility the finance department
- Ensure timely production of monthly management accounts including investigation of variances and KPI analysis
- Production of draft year-end financial statements & associated Tax packs
- Assisting in year-end audit process
- Responsibility for supervision and completion of balance sheet accounts reconciliation, P&L analysis
- Design and implement robust and meaningful analysis / commercial commentary of month end reporting
- Assist with working capital requirements and daily cash flow forecasts
- Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Timely & accurate completion/submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Providing support in both financial & non-financial colleagues with ongoing development of new IT System
- Oversee the accounts team
- Other responsibilities regularly assigned to this role will include general and credit insurance, Pension administration and General Company secretarial administration.
- Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or Qualified by experience
- Strong technical ability with clear understanding of financial & management reporting
- Candidates must be able to use Excel to a high standard & have experience of using ERP Systems
- Any experience using XERO would be advantageous
- A driven, proactive and reliable accountant who is a team player
- Self-motivated & driven individual who wants to join an exciting growing SME
- A competitive package will be offer
- Salary between £40-55k depending on experience
- Continuous career development plan
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory entitlement
- Pension & Private Health
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller : Family Business : Rotherham, Reference: CB / BBBH10128". Thank you for your interest.