Assistant Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Sheffield
Our client, based in Sheffield, is an established manufacturing business with ambitious plans to continue to grow within their market. Turnover is sub £40m and they have recently significantly invested across all divisions and premises to enable them to continue scaling up their business. They have proven to be resilient throughout the Covid-19 period and are now looking to recruit and Assistant Financial Controller to their team.
This person will help to oversee a finance team of 3 and will be responsible for a range of duties highlighted below.
You will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, and forecasting. You will have need a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
- Produce statutory accounts and oversee production of monthly management accounts
- Ensure timely production of monthly management accounts including investigation of variances and KPI analysis
- Production of draft year-end financial statements & associated Tax packs
- Assisting in year-end audit process
- Ensure monthly stock & WIP valuations are correct
- Responsibility for supervision and completion of balance sheet accounts reconciliation, P&L analysis
- Design and implement robust and meaningful analysis / commercial commentary of month end reporting
- Assist with working capital requirements and daily cash flow forecasts
- Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Timely & accurate completion/submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Oversee the accounts team
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with a proven track record in a finance leadership in a role, ideally within a manufacturing environment but is not essential.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and external bodies in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present to the Board. You will be open, engaging and have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
- Competitive salary on offer up to £50k plus benefits
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Competitive benefits
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Assistant Financial Controller : Manufacturing : Sheffield, Reference: CB \ 14265". Thank you for your interest.