Software Developer 2
Brewster Partners are working with a high growth start up business, leading in eCommerce fulfilment technology.
They are looking for 2 Software Developers to join their growing team.
- Report directly to the Head of Development and work effectively, professionally, and collaboratively with other members of the business.
- Be passionate about web and cloud technologies and possess an active desire to learn and grow as a self-starter.
- Be collaborative, engage in technical and operational discussions relevant to your work and be open to new and challenging ideas.
- Develop APIs, web-based code, and data structures in .NET as part of the product set.
- Work as an active member of the Development team to create, test and deploy a stable, robust, and efficient platform and/or series of products.
- Write clean and healthy structured, well documented code ensuring alert free, high code quality scores in any applicable tooling.
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiency's throughout the team. Deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free.
- Design and develop data access layers that are optimised for performance and security.
- Follow and adhere to the development methodology set out by the CTO.
- Technically lead members of the technical department when and where required.
- Take ownership of features as well as the developers and QA working on your features.
- Ensure features are well scoped and ensure estimates are as accurate as possible and interrogated where required.
- Develop unit tests for source code (regardless of approach).
- Proactively investigate issues and problems across the technical landscape to ensure the product suite is operational and fully functional.
- An awareness of .NET Core over Linux is greatly beneficial.
- Experience of GIT source control and the processes for managing code using GIT.
- Agile experience (SCRUM/Kanban) greatly beneficial.
- Experience of creating and consuming APIs (RESTful), Entity Framework and SQL Server using the .NET tech stack.
- Competent in SQL for SQL Server and clear understanding of best practice of SQL code for efficient and robust queries.
- Enjoys problem solving, a variety of tasks and using new technologies.
- Experience of React advantageous.
- Experience of Xamarin advantageous.
- A strong and professional communicator who is not afraid to challenge convention and discuss options of approach to issues.
- A strong ownership ethos and passionate about software development
- Experience of planning work as well as an exposure to web architecture and cloud tech
- Experience managing team members day to day on feature development work.
- At least an awareness of DevOps, Continuous Integration, and other build technologies
3 days office - 2 days from home
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Software Developer 2, Reference: AW / SoftwareDeveloper2". Thank you for your interest.