Brewster Partners are working with a leading manufacturer in the pharmatuetical sector, and they are currently looking for a Quality Analyst for their head office, based in Sheffield.
This role will require you to work closely with other members of the QA team as well as directly with Software Developers and Service Engineers.
As a software tester you’ll be involved in the final testing of global leading software products before they are released onto the market, as well as providing feedback from testing performed at key stages throughout the development process.
Your role is integral to the creation of software systems and instrument functionality tests and as such you’ll be seen as the last line of defence before the software is released. In addition, there will be the need to perform regulatory controlled software validations for highly regulated customers, which will be either off the shelf validations or bespoke validations and perform these at the customer's facilities. Many of the customers who use the company's software work within drug discover and nuclear medicines and it is advised that possessing a scientific background within these fields or knowledge of HPLC, GC and other chromatography techniques would be hugely beneficial.
To maintain and perform testing on the software, following set, that have been created and enhanced over many years and are used prior to release.
There will also be testing required relating to new functionality to make sure that it is working as intended and any finding reported back to the developers.
It will be the successful candidate’s responsibility to make sure that the software has been tested thoroughly, correctly and that it is safe to be released. There are a number of projects that are currently being developed and the ability to adapt and switch between projects is essential.
Main responsibilities are
• working with software developers and project support teams • performance testing • functional testing • writing and updating and executing test scripts • writing bug reports • working towards departmental and project deadlines • providing objective feedback to software development project teams • problem solving • working on multiple projects at one time • communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues. • onsite validations at customers sites
The above list is not exhaustive and, as such, you may be required to undertake other duties as appropriate.
• Communication skills
• Problem solving with effective solution evaluations
• Microsoft office suite – especially Word and Excel
• Able to work under pressure and adhere to tight timelines whilst still delivering quality results.
• Able to understand customer requirements and needs.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently as well as within teams
• A passion for technology
• Ability to travel – including outside the UK
• Degree in a Science related course
• Knowledge/Experience from within Science sector or previously worked in software testing
• Driving license
£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Quality Analyst, Reference: AW / QualityAnalyst". Thank you for your interest.