Business Intelligence Developer
Brewster Partners are supporting a building and construction company based in Doncaster with their Business Intelligence Developer role, this is required immediately.
- Experience/knowledge of general ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) concepts and best practices i.e. someone who can be hands on with the design and building of our data pipeline/loads into the DW from our source or ODS store. Someone who can think through the developing, testing, common patterns, issues, debugging and optimisation of data moving from source to target locations
- Experience/knowledge of general Data Modelling concepts and best practices i.e. they are familiar with how data is organised in to logical models (i.e. entities and the relationships between entities such as site, plot or sales transactions etc.), normalised data structure (they won’t necessarily need to do it, but be familiar/comfortable working with it as ODS data will be source for datawarehouse and ODS data will probably be highly normalised etc.)
- Experience/knowledge of DW design patterns, concepts and best practices, i.e. dimensional modelling, that is, organised data into dimensions and fact tables in a data warehouse setup
- General knowledge of cloud storage and databases (Microsoft Stack preferred, i.e. Azure, SQL Server, etc.)
- Knowledge of construction industry, or Microsoft dynamics, etc. would be great/bonus
- Informatica – it would be ideal/necessary if this person has the hands-on knowledge/experience of the above point in an Informatica environment
- SQL – need to have good SQL coding skills (Microsoft’s flavour of SQL would be preferred, i.e. T-SQL (Transact-SQL))
- General understanding of best practices in data visualisation, numeracy skills, creating calculations, metrics, kpi’s etc. essentially how to turn raw data into useful/actionable information for an end user/consumer
- Power BI
SSRS (soon to be Power BI paginated)
This role requires two days in the office and required immediately
£40,000 - £50,000 pa
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Business Intelligence Developer, Reference: AW / BIDeveloper". Thank you for your interest.