2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Brewster Partners are working with a leading Management Service Provider for a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer, to support 3 of their clients. This role requires an experienced engineer who can work client based, with the support from the MSP when required.
A good technical knowledge is essential to provide an escalation point to 1st Line and ensure incidents and problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole. Cloud hosted O365 skills and experience are a must for this role.
- Provide 2nd Line service desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
- Manage and own incident tickets via Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
- Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLA’s.
- Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA’s.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience and mentoring of 1st line support.
- Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 2 years’ experience in a 1st or 2nd Line role within a service desk environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
- Cloud hosted O365 skills required.
- MS Exchange and Outlook management skills required.
- Knowledge of data backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services.
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent team player with proven mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable.
- Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
- Committed to achieve the companies vision.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer, Reference: AW / 2NDLINE". Thank you for your interest.