Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 pa + highly competitive benefits package
Reference: MC / 13896
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Senior Finance
Closing date: 26/04/2021
My client has successfully been manufacturing and supplying high quality goods for over 50 years. Since their humble beginnings they have become a leading global supplier and have built up an enviable and unrivalled reputation for workmanship, reliability as well as their wide product range. Proudly a Great British Manufacturer they continue to embrace new technology and the ever changing trends in their pursuit of excellence and continued market growth.
My client is looking for a results driven and confident Financial Controller. As Financial Controller you will be responsible for a small team of finance professionals and report directly into the Finance Director. You will be responsible for the following;
- Act as primary support person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities.
- Prepare Profit & Loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Reconcile corporate balance sheets on a monthly basis and deliver summary reconciliation reports for Board meetings.
- Oversee all activities related to HMRC tax compliance issues including FPS.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset and systems asset registers.
- Prepare, reconcile and post nominal journals including suspense accounts and accruals and prepayments.
- Manage, support and develop the Purchase Ledger Department ensuring robust controls are in place.
- Reconcile and submit VAT returns as well as liaising with External Auditors.
- Assist and support the Management Accountant as well as completing additional requirements as identified by the Finance Director.
My client is looking for someone with the following experience and credentials;
- You will be experienced and proven finance professional.
- Due to the nature of the business it is essential that you have previously worked within a manufacturing business.
- Ideally you will be a CCAB qualified accountant, however my client is also happy to consider finance professionals who are either Part-Qualified or QBE.
- You will be a strong team player who is passionate about improving financial controls and procedures in order to help the business achieve its ambitious expansion plans.
- Naturally you will be highly accurate, organised and an effective communicator who is able to meet deadlines and possesses strong MS Excel knowledge.
You will be joining a company who has built up their experience and expertise over a number of years. A company built on tradition but without being afraid to diversify and innovate. In return for your hard work and leadership you will be rewarded with a highly competitive benefits package which includes life assurance, private medical cover and enhanced pension scheme and annual holiday allowance. For the right candidate this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to take your next step within your finance career to date.
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
M: 07968 699 426
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller, Reference: MC / 13896". Thank you for your interest.