Salary: £40,000 pa
Reference: PS \ LMM981276
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 22/04/2021
Brewster Partners are working in exclusive partnership with Masuku as they look to recruit a brand new position.
Masuku is currently recruiting a Laboratory Manager for its production and R&D facility in South Yorkshire, due to open in February 2021. The facility, where a unique combination of advanced manufacturing processes will be deployed, will focus on producing Masuku’s proprietary nanofiber filtration material - optimised to simultaneously achieve best-in-class filtration efficiency and breathability whilst being 100% biodegradable.
Masuku is a high-tech sustainable filtration company founded by a pioneering circular economy design & technology firm, alongside high-profile leaders from across the fashion industry.
Over the last two years, Masuku has developed a suite of cutting-edge technologies which will be applied across a number of face mask and filtration products. Combined with a deep expertise in product design, Masuku now plans to revolutionise the mask and air filtration industry offering a safe, comfortable and natural breathing experience to its users.
Masuku is a vibrant and rapidly expanding international organisation who is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Laboratory Manager with proven experience within a manufacturing or process industry setting to assume responsibility for the efficient day to day operation of the facility laboratory function.
The appointee will have working knowledge of electrospinning processes or related technologies such as Nano-fibre production, high performance non-woven textile manufacture etc.
The Laboratory Manager will play a pivotal role working closely with the facility operations and technical teams by ensuring that all laboratory activity supports the efficient continuous production of quality product. Under guidance and leadership of the company’s Head of Materials Science, the appointee will also assist with development work to improve process methods and the development and creation of new and enhanced filtration media products
The key responsibilities will include:
- Managing laboratory safety through implementation of relevant policies and procedures to ensure compliance, supported with appropriate documentation.
- Management of chemical inventory control system (consumables & reagents) within adequate volumes with respect to the safety of the facility. Ensure proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ensuring all laboratory infrastructure is maintained and calibrated to necessary schedules.
- Oversee and supervise the daily laboratory preparation and controlled issue of solutions required by production team to complete electrospinning processes to meet production plans.
- To work with facility technical team to maintain optimal performance of electrospinning equipment and associated processes
- Supporting with development activity regarding the production and introduction of new materials
- Recommending future investment in laboratory infrastructure to expand and align capability with planned growth of business.
- Maintaining full records of all critical laboratory activities as well as setting, tracking and reporting agreed laboratory team objectives and KPIs
- Being a pro-active and positive management role model supporting the Head of Operations and facility team grow the business.
To be considered for this position, we are looking for someone with:
- Strong academic record with a degree in a chemistry, materials science or related discipline ideally perhaps with masters or other post-grad qualification
- Excellent knowledge of good laboratory practices within a manufacturing or process industry environment
- Experience of leading technical teams
- Proven record of hands-on industrial experience within electrospinning, nano-fibre production or related technology or process
- Experience with COSHH and risk assessment management
- Experience in creating and reviewing technical and quality documents (SOPs, work instructions etc.)
- Ability to engage with and interact positively and persuasively at all levels including with both technical and non-technical staff.
This is an exciting new opportunity working for a growing company and the opportunity to get involved right at the beginning.
The company will offer a competitive basic salary and strong future opportunities.
Our client shares our commitment to providing fair and equal access to appointments and to ensure that all sectors of society are represented. In all aspects of the way both our client and Brewster Partner’s operate, diversity and inclusion is carefully considered.
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07792 268 685
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Laboratory Manager, Reference: PS \ LMM981276". Thank you for your interest.