Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 pa
Reference: LW / LM/DATAAN
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 15/11/2020
Brewster Partners are working with with our client to recruit a Data Analyst to provide Senior Management with various reports on sales performance and other management information. The role is easily commutable for Analysts; Retail Analysts, MI Analysts or even Trainee Analysts or graduates with a relevant degree and some work experience or year in industry in Doncaster, Goole, Scunthorpe, Wakefield, Hull, Selby, York and M62 corridor.
The job involves producing daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports to provide Senior Management and group Directors with an accurate overview of business performance. You'd be supporting the work of the business by providing accurate and insightful management information reports - you would play a key role in providing quality information that will drive future management of the business. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Drawing down reports from mySQL to write syntaxes and exporting into MS Excel
- Using MS Excel to manipulate data rows entering the 1000s in total, drilling down using VLookUps and Pivot Tables to enable you to present the figures in a recognisable format
- Analysing sales performance data, margin and pricing information, stock levels and orders amongst others
- Forecasting demands for goods and services
- Identifying anomalies - highlighting areas of concern in an easy to grasp manner in your reports
- Breaking down reports into relevant business divisions and down to individual line managers areas
- Communicating with other internal colleagues as and when required to gather the relevant information
- Work to consistently improve the quality of management information and its presentation in order to benefit customers
- Producing routine internal and external reports to tight deadlines
- Carrying out analysis on reports generated, giving feedback to stakeholders - sometimes one to one and sometimes group presentations
- Continuously developing the suite of reports used by the company and the executive team to monitor key performance indicators within the business
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful commercially focused retail business.
We are looking to hear from candidates with recent data analysis experience or candidates whose role has involved commercial or MI data analysis. We will also consider graduates with a strong analytically focused degree and an aptitude for MS Excel.
You will need to have very strong MS Excel skills to be successful in your application (Pivot Tables, V Look Ups etc) as well as the use of a mySQL online database system ideally.
A general aptitude for picking up new systems and bringing new ideas to the table is beneficial. Strong analytical skills are essential, as well as the ability to make recommendations and highlight areas of opportunity to colleagues when presenting reports. You will work autonomously and take the initiative, be highly self motivated and manage your own time effectively. Effective communication skills are a must.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, rising with service each year
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount on a range of products
- Subsidised health benefits
- On site parking
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01302 308 040
M: 07818 381 864
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Data Analyst, Reference: LW / LM/DATAAN". Thank you for your interest.