Reference: PS / PM90812
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 28/10/2020
Brewster Partners are working in exclusive partnership with a Greater Manchester based manufacturing business as they look to recruit a Production Manager into the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Production Manager will direct and control the manufacturing process at the company’s production facility to ensure production and quality targets are met, efficiency maintained and cost reduction/control achieved
Managing a team of up to 50 people, your responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing volume machining, fabrication and assembly
- Staff management and recruitment
- Looking at the strategic development of the site alongside other managers
- Overseeing all manufacturing operations to ensure that they meet agreed production plans, product quality and cost standards
- Direct and control all manufacturing staff with strong people management and development skills including training and performance management
- Develop and implement any required changes to production processes to improve output and product quality and to reduce costs including lean manufacturing and continuous improvement actions
- Devise and implement the strategy for automation including the implementation of robotic welding and use of automation in parts assembly
- Maintain health and safety standards ensuring a safe working environment exists for all employees within the operation
- Develop reporting and KPIs to demonstrate performance to staff and management including maintaining all necessary records to ensure effective monitoring of the manufacturing process and support follow-up analysis.
- Liaison and coordination with internal suppliers such as the Purchasing, and Warehouse functions to ensure their deadlines are met
- Liaison with internal and external customers on delivery dates for customer orders to meet customer expectations and parts availability
- Liaise with Production Planner to coordinate and prioritise production output according to the production schedule.
The business are looking for someone with:
- Hands on approach and the desire to get stuck in as well the ability to look at the big picture and design new approaches where required
- A relevant technical qualification in engineering discipline and /or experience of manufacturing management (experience of a welding environment would be an advantage);
- Managerial experience of managing large teams;
- High level of interpersonal skills and strong man-management
- Experience of new process introduction and implementation with a determination to continuously improve quality, systems and production output;
The company will offer a competitive salary package for the right person.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07792 268 685
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Production Manager, Reference: PS / PM90812". Thank you for your interest.