Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pa + quarterly bonus
Reference: DS / 280320
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Senior Finance
Closing date: 26/08/2020
A hugely successful and profitable business in Doncaster are looking to appoint an ambitious Financial Controller to oversee a strong finance team and take ownership of the day to day running of the monthly management reporting and year end process.
The business is a privately owned and entrepreneurial diverse company who over recent years have gone from strength to strength in terms of sales, profitability, culture and brand. In their purpose built facility they are now looking to attract an equally ambitious FC.
Reporting to the Financial Director but also working very closely with the senior leadership team this is a key role for the company. This role is to oversee the day to day management of the accounting function and management of the finance team. The business is looking for a competent individual who can work autonomously, lead and motivate a competent finance team, has an eye for detail and has a drive for continuous improvement. The successful person will oversee the accounts for a number of successful businesses within the group.
- Managing cash flow and annual reports to identify trends and forecasts
- Oversee team finance team including mentoring and developing active studiers within the team
- Produce the statutory accounts for the individual businesses and consolidated accounts for the group
- Review financial plans and budgets regularly to identify any areas for improvement
- Report to the FD accurate financial information
- Oversee payments, payroll and relationship with HMRC
- Oversee audit preparation and be the principle point of contact for the auditors
- Review management account reports and reconciliations
- Implement new internal finance controls
- Continually be driving for processes efficiencies
The Financial Controller will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) although an exceptional QBE or Part Qualified Accountant will be considered. They will be dependable, proactive and with a strong track record of leading teams. They must be able to working within a an entrepreneurial environment and as such be agile enough to work dynamically. Must be able to work towards strict deadlines whilst also maintaining accurate detail in report being produced.
The successful candidate must be an effective communicator and have a proven track record of working with non-finance and a senior leadership team.
There is an attractive starting package on offer for the right individual depending on experience.
Candidates applying for this role will be looking for a salary between £40,000 - £45,000 and th company has additional benefits including a quarterly bonus scheme. There is free on site parting and the business is within close proximity to the M18 and A1 motorway networks accessible from Rotherham, Retford and Sheffield.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01302 308 040
M: 07990 978 033
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller, Reference: DS / 280320". Thank you for your interest.