Transport Co-ordinator - Nights
Salary: £22,000 pa
Reference: LW / TR-CO-ORD
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 25/05/2020
Brewster Partners are working with our client in the logistics and distribution sector to recruit a Transport Co-ordinator to join their busy Nights team. Working hours are 6pm - 6am 4 on 4 off shift pattern. The role would suit anyone with experience in this type of role, read on for more details. Easily commutable from areas of Rotherham, Swinton, Mexborough, Doncaster, Wath and Sheffield as well as surrounding areas such as Worksop.
The job involves joining the busy nights team as a Transport Co-ordinator, ensuring driver liaison is clear and that the highest level of customer service is upheld at all times.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring drivers have been pre-briefed at start of their shift
- Ensuring all drivers are in the correct uniform and have the correct PPE, and all equipment applicable to their role. Also, they are trained to use the Company’s mobile tablet
- De–briefing drivers at the end of their shift, ensuring Tacho cards are downloaded, paperwork filled in correctly and folders are complete
- Checking PODs throughout the shift and ensuring all information is scanned and captured
- Scanning and checking POD’s when necessary and retraining drivers on their responsibilities if required
- Ensuring any goods returned are checked, logged and dealt with as per customer requirements
- Ensuring Drivers infringements are captured daily and ensure infringements are de-briefed
- Monitoring defect reports daily with any issues raised and dealt with in a quick and timely manner, investigating damage on trailers and tractor unit
- Ensuring damage and accident reports are completed and investigated in a timely manner and that trailer service dates are adhered to
- Communicating with the Garage to ensure all trailer servicing is up to date and complet
To be successful in your application you need to be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of driver hours and legislation on road transport regulations as well as having an extensive geographical knowledge of the UK. Previous experience in General Haulage is preferred. You should be computer literate and preferably experienced with transport management systems. We're looking for someone able to work on their own initiative, cope with pressurised situations and demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Working hours 6pm - 6am 4 on 4 off rota
- ON site parking, convenient location
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01302 308 040
M: 07818 381 864
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Transport Co-ordinator - Nights, Reference: LW / TR-CO-ORD". Thank you for your interest.