Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus & Excellent Benefits Package
Reference: GH / HE-PM
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 09/02/2020
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with the Harworth Group plc, to recruit for a Partnerships Manager. The Partnerships Manager will be accountable for securing public funding – both grants & loans – in order to support the build out and accelerate the delivery of the Harworth Group land and property portfolio in line with its agreed Strategy.
The role requires a proactive and dynamic individual with extensive public funding or policy experience to hunt out and secure relevant funding opportunities. The successful applicant will take responsibility for writing up grant and loan applications on behalf of the business’s teams and to monitor & report on the spending of these monies in collaboration with the Finance function.
The Partnerships Manager will also be required to seek out opportunities with a small number of local authorities and combined authorities that express an interest in either funding directly, developed commercial units on Harworth’s land or in taking head leases (or other innovative structures) on these spaces to foster local economic growth, as per Harworth’s previous experience at its sites at the Advanced Manufacturing Park in Rotherham, Logistics North in Bolton and Gateway 36 in Barnsley.
- Target to secure £5m of public funding per annum through funding applications developed in close collaboration with other team members to support the development of Harworth’s 15 major development sites and its £200m+ income portfolio which includes Business Space and Natural Resources sites.
- Maintain and grow a pipeline of relevant funding sources for the company to bid into at European, national and regional Government level, whilst developing relationships with relevant politicians and fund managers that ultimately determine its allocation.
- Advise on potential for public funding contributions for new acquisitions as part of the underwriting process.
- Ownership and writing of new applications for funding.
- Develop and maintain an active network of local & national political contacts within the public sector.
- Effectively manage any professional advisors that support the production of bids, including lawyers advising on State Aid, commercial agents providing market reports and architects providing layouts, technical drawings and CGIs in support of bids.
- Accurately monitor and report back spend vs. allocated monies to both the funder and Harworth’s Finance Team on a monthly basis, proving that the funding is being used for its stated purpose.
- Working with Finance colleagues, keeping detailed audit records in order to support claims made, forecast spending and in compliance with Harworth’s external audit process.
- Where needed, negotiate contract extensions or variations with funding bodies to support the effective operational delivery of the business.
- Report on funding performance to Harworth’s Management team on a Quarterly basis and to the main plc Board on an ‘as requested’ basis to explain performance.
- Develop relationships with local authorities and Combined Authorities across Harworth’s core regions of the North West, Yorkshire & Central and the Midlands to secure commitments to take head leases of our directly developed commercial units.
- Develop working relationships with non-Real Estate public funding sources, including Innovate UK, e.g. to develop out funding sources for either Research & Development uses on our developments or to build innovative new approaches to public transport or mobility across our major developments.
- Work with the Head of Communications & Investor Relations and the Marketing Manager in reflecting the impact of our public funding within Company marketing materials and in investor materials, including Harworth’s Annual Report & Financial Statements.
- Where relevant, speak at events that emphasise Harworth’s ‘trusted user of public finance’ role to further engender relationships with local authorities, combined authorities, LEPs and Central Government.
- Work professionally with all stakeholders in order to maintain the “Harworth” brand as one of the UK’s leading land and property regeneration companies.
- Build strong and open working relationships with Harworth Senior Leadership team and all internal stakeholders in order to become a trusted member of the Harworth team and the first point of contact for all public sector funding enquiries or requests.
- Demonstrable network of contacts within relevant public sector organisations or evidence of how their networks can be developed.
- Clear understanding and knowledge of latest developments in public sector funding for commercial developers in addition to strong knowledge of State Aid rules.
- Demonstrable track record of either running public funding programmes or securing public funding for third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to emphasise the benefits of Harworth’s regeneration programmes within funding bids.
- A high level of ICT ability in Microsoft Excel and Word, to develop bids, track performance, analyse funding returns and provide professional feedback and presentations where necessary.
- Experience in monitoring and explaining the use of public monies to support the successful grant negotiations.
- Good communication skills at all levels with ability to report to Executive team and plc board.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- An energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently but also operate efficiently and effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, with ability to manage a number of live applications/current publicly funded programmes at any one time.
- Diligent in hunting down or unlocking public funding opportunities to unlock new residential or commercial development.
- Enthusiastic about regeneration and in helping to develop new places for people to live and work.
- Ability to work remotely with teams in multiple locations.
- Fantastic remuneration package.
- Car allowance.
- 20% bonus.
- Non-contributory pension scheme (10%).
- 26 days holiday.
- Private healthcare for all the family.
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07557 098 788
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Partnerships Manager, Reference: GH / HE-PM". Thank you for your interest.