Senior Proposals Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 pa
Reference: LG / BBBH11160
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 20/05/2020
Brewster Partners are working with a manufacturing business in Nottingham as they look to recruit a Senior Proposals Engineer. You will be operating between Sales and Engineering, gathering and reviewing information about client specific requirements, developing concepts and costings with reference to previous work undertaken and producing detailed technical proposals and bids.
- You will be gaining experience as a Senior Proposals Engineer, supporting the Sales Team within the Automation & Materials Handling side of the business.
- You will be operating between Sales & Engineering, gathering/reviewing information about client specific requirements, developing concepts, designs, costings and producing detailed technical proposals/bids.
- You will also spend time working with suppliers & industry specialists, testing customer samples with state-of-the-art equipment while investigating different alternatives.
- You will gain experience working within a very successful engineering group that operates worldwide.
- You will gain design experience using SolidWorks and have the chance to work with detailed technical drawings. When required you may also be asked to take your concepts to final design stage and produce detailed manufacturing drawings.
- You will have the chance to uncover your natural concept design ability and furthermore develop your technical skills while promoting your design ideas to the rest of the engineering and sales teams.
- You will have completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical. A Mechatronics Master's degree would be ideal but not essential.
- You must possess strong communication skills and have the desire and enthusiasm to learn about presenting, negotiating, and selling a product.
- You must have good working knowledge of 3D/2D CAD, particularly SolidWorks, as there will be a significant concept and layout design element in this role.
- You must also have experience in reading and understanding technical drawings and preferably be able to sketch an idea down, on the spot without relying on a computer.
- Previous experience in the Automation & Material’s Handling industry is not required but will definitively count as a plus.
- Free on-site parking
- Annual bonus (personal & company performance)
- 25 days hols + statutory (33 days in total)
- Auto enrolment pension
- Wellness benefit after 6 months - gym membership etc (to the value of £250 per year)
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01332 982 010
M: 07858 518 396
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Senior Proposals Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH11160". Thank you for your interest.