Master Production Scheduler
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 pa
Reference: JT / BBBH10870
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 30/12/2019
Brewster Partners are working with a Sheffield manufacturing business as they look to recruit a Master Scheduler.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for the planning and scheduling of output. A key member of the production team, they will work to create and manage a plan that ensures customer deliverables are met on time and in full.
- To create and maintain accurate production schedules, detailing all tasks and when they should be completed in order to achieve business and customer demands and incorporating all contract deliverables.
- Responsible for the accurate and on time generation and release of production work orders relevant to any new sales order requirements utilising our ERP system.
- Liaise with the Production and Deployment Management Teams, to ensure optimum workforce planning and minimise production constraints through absenteeism, holidays and deployment.
- Works closely with the Maintenance team to ensure all plant maintenance is included in the schedule. .
- Working closely with Project Team to understand the demands of our customers and get agreement on completion dates.
- Receive and process customer orders/schedules, clearly communicating capacity, availability, constraints and operational changes.
- Working with the wider team to overcome challenges that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
- Attend production meetings in order to ascertain scheduling adherence, focusing on OTIF.
- Daily generation and issue of ‘work to’ lists to be given to all relevant parties.
- Liaise with the Logistics & Production Coordinator to facilitate the booking of external inspectorate and all additional customer inspections in order to achieve delivery targets.
- Responsible for instigating subcontract activity, e.g. Heat Treatment, Machining.
- Liaise with the purchasing team to respond to any variation in the purchase schedule.
- Responsible for the accurate management and control of the shop floor data capture to ensure planning information and production requirements are adhered to.
- The development, introduction and implementation of project schedule analytics, reporting methodologies and techniques (such as Critical Path analysis).
- Assist in stock takes as and when required.
3+ years experience in a planning/scheduling role preferably in a similar manufacturing environment (bespoke engineered systems)
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning theories, principles and practices, including infinite capacity scheduling within an ERP system
- Knowledge of CNC Machining Processes (desirable)
- Knowledge of Material specifications (desirable)
- Strong computer skills with ERP experience (IFS Applications 8 or higher preferred); capacity planning software experience
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, takes a collaborative approach and builds relationships across functions in the organisation.
- Drive to embrace and contribute to the process of organisational change in a spirit of continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion to progress.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work quickly but accurately to resolve scheduling challenges.
- Pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07973 601 356
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Master Production Scheduler, Reference: JT / BBBH10870". Thank you for your interest.