Production Manager- Glasgow
Reference: PS / PM189072
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 16/12/2019
Brewster Partners are working with a Glasgow based precision engineering business, part of a larger group, as they look to recruit an experienced Production Manager.
The business specialise in producing safety and performance critical components for demanding sectors such as Oil and Gas and Defence.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the purpose of your position will be to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the business, ensure the quality of products leaving the factory and monitoring the productivity of staff on the shop floor.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage and improve operating systems and procedures
- Design work flow and lay out of the factory
- Manage daily workflow of the shop floor
- Management of the MRP system
- Hands on involvement in the customer quotation process
- Management of staffing and recruitment
- Overseeing maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Implementation of improved working practises
- Organising and prioritising workloads to meet company objectives
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- The ideal person would have an Engineering or similarly related degree and some project management experience.
- They will have a proven Production/Operations background within manufacturing with proven managerial experience.
The business will offer a really competitive basic salary plus other benefits.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07792 268 685
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Production Manager- Glasgow, Reference: PS / PM189072". Thank you for your interest.