Civil Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 pa
Reference: JT / BBBH10633
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 23/12/2019
Brewster Partners are recruiting for a construction firm as the look to recruit for a Civil Design Engineer.
- Liaising with external consultants and contractors to determine remediation and earthworks strategies
- Co-ordinating and overseeing all pre-construction engineering activities on sites including remediation, earthworks and road and sewers
- Negotiating, procuring and coordinating utility contracts (new connections, offsite reinforcement and diversions) to deliver the required work in line with build programs and site budgets
- Sourcing street lighting designs and liaising with the Commercial team to procure contractors for supply, erection and commissioning both for public and private areas
- Site reviews with Cost Project Manager and Project Manager to monitor ground works and road Et sewers contractors to ensure works are on program, and in accordance with designs
- Providing the necessary information to ensure adoption of roads and sewers
- Liaising with local authority planning and building control departments and NHBC to discharge development conditions
- Issuing drawings and information to the relevant internal departments and external parties to suit pre-tender/pre-start meetings and build programs
- Resolving and answering issues and queries from construction and other departments with regards to engineering matters
- Working with the project team to ensure meet development targets
- Delivering effective support systems and processes driving continuous improvements and value Engineering.
- Delivering value Engineering process and information to secure site start dates in line with the business plan.
- Ensuring all consultant outputs utilized meet quality standards and timescales
Our client are interested in speaking to:
- Site Engineers with residential infrastructure and groundworks experience who are organised, methodical and are willing to make the transition to an office based role.
- Civil design engineers who are willing to move from a design role to a coordinating role.
- Technical coordinators ideally with a civil engineering bias but also architectural bias candidates who are willing and have an interest in switching to an engineering focussed role.
- Development engineers with residential experience preferred.
Please note all to be considered all candidates will need a Civil Engineering qualification.
£35,000 - £45,000
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07973 601 356
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Civil Design Engineer, Reference: JT / BBBH10633". Thank you for your interest.