Head of Manufacturing
East Riding of Yorkshire,
Salary: £60,000 pa + company car
Reference: PS / HOM98012
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 20/12/2019
Brewster Partners are pleased to be working as the retained recruitment partner of SME manufacturing business Sumo UK as they look to recruit a Head of Operations into their York based factory.
The business are looking for an experienced manufacturing professional to ensure products are designed, engineered and manufactured in an efficient and effective way
Sumo UK is a British company specialising in the design and manufacture of innovative machinery for the different farming systems employed across the world.
Designed and built by some of the country’s finest and most highly-skilled engineers, Sumo machines are made to last. Everything starts its life at their factory in Yorkshire, giving them complete control over all they do.
Reporting into the Managing Director and directly managing a small team of under 10, the duties of this role will include:
- Having responsibility for the overall manufacturing site
- Management of Health and Safety
- Pushing and implementing change management across the business
- Taking a proactive role as a key member of the senior management team
- Management and direction of the Engineering department
- Management of current product development and responsible for new product development/innovations
- Making sure all products are delivered on time
- Overseeing the planning of production and the production process
- Ensuring all product regulatory requirements are met
- In line with the company budget and plans deliver the efficiency and gross margins as required.
- Having accountability for the management of factory budgets and manage costs appropriately
- Inventory and stock management
- Oversee training and supervision of new employees
- Capex proposals as required
- Continuous process improvement in line with ISO 9001 quality standard
- Responsible for driving the manufacturing operation forward based on world class manufacturing techniques
- Liaising with clients, including some overseas travel as required
- Accountability for the production and implementation of annual site/operational improvement plans
This is an absolutely key role for the business and therefore the business are looking for a strong manufacturing professional who can lead by example.
The company are looking for someone who:
- Is ideally Degree qualified in a Production/Manufacturing/Engineering discipline
- Has worked at a senior level in a manufacturing environment for a minimum of 5 years
- Is fully conversant with lean tools & continuous improvement methodologies
- Has MRP/Systems knowledge and experience
- Is an excellent team player and people manager
- Has ISO 9001 quality standard experience
- Is a proactive forward thinker
- Is a tenacious individual that can change and improve a manufacturing operation
We're looking for someone from a metals based manufacturing environment who has ideally been involved in the manufacturing of machinery.
The business can offer a competitive basic salary package and offer the chance to directly impact and improve the manufacturing procedures of a successful SME manufacturing business.
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07792 268 685
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Head of Manufacturing, Reference: PS / HOM98012". Thank you for your interest.