Part Time H&S Officer
Reference: JT / 2JT1807-122
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 13/07/2019
Brewster Partners are pleased to be working with a Sheffield engineering business as they look to recruit a Part Time Health & Safety Officer.
To be responsible for the HSE function within the business, managing and controlling systems and processes to ensure the highest of standards are maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all H&S procedures and policies are up to date and in line with current legislation and implemented across the business
- To ensure all risk assessments are carried out in relation to COSHH, PUWER, LOLER and Fire and that an annual check takes places
- To ensure that weekly fire alarm checks are undertaken and recorded, and that sufficient cover is available in your absence
- To investigate, record and follow up all incidents and accidents and report as part of monthly KPI’s
- To plan and conduct monthly H & S Committee meetings
- To undertake weekly and monthly H & S inspections and maintain the current schedule
- Undertaking monthly Housekeeping audits and reporting findings to relevant managers and as part of monthly KPI’s
- To maintain first aid boxes throughout the business
- To arrange annual inspections in order to maintain the following:- Lift insurance, lifting equipment and accessories, pressure vessels, asbestos, noise, electrical and PAT testing, racking and Quench Tank Legionella
- Experience of H&S within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Flexibility for travel as required
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Contributory pension scheme (3.00%)
- Work wear provided
- Modern, clean working environment
- Flexible working hours (21 hours per week)
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07973 601 356
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Part Time H&S Officer, Reference: JT / 2JT1807-122". Thank you for your interest.