HR Advisor FTC
Salary: £27,025 - £33,199
Reference: FTC / HRAdvisor
Job Type: Contract
Closing date: 25/04/2019
Brewster Partners are working with a well established education establishment in Sheffield, with their HR Advisor for a FTC until July 2019
This role is required immediately.
Experience and knowledge in areas of Human Resources. For example good knowledge of HR policies and procedures, legal framework and agreed approaches to achieving outcomes particularly around approaches to change.
Experience of advising staff and managers on HR issues such as people management and employee relations issues, identifying solutions which support delivery of corporate objectives.
Knowledge of employment law; with a commitment to keeping up to date.
General PC and Microsoft Office software skills, with experience of using HR IT systems
- Working as part of a team of HR Advisors to deliver a consistent and corporate HR service to thebusiness units
- Responsible for the delivery of HR support to the business units, providing e-mail, telephone and face to face professional advice on the application of HR policies, casework and investigations
- Provide first line response to general enquiries from staff within a pool environment, understanding when issues need to be escalated and/or transferred to other teams within HR
- Undertake briefings on policies and procedures to managers and staff on HR processes such as maternity leave and end of fixed term contracts
- Provide support to the HR lead on any change projects HR are supporting
- Provide initial advice on casework and corporate projects
- Contribute to the delivery of corporate projects or policy development reporting progress to the relevant groups
- Take lead responsibility on one or more HR processes e.g., , end of fixed term contracts, , team document management, transcribers, corporate committees,
- Actively promote the HR service
- Influence customers and stakeholders to recognise the importance of performance management and how it will contribute to the delivery of local plans and objectives
- Provide consistent professional advice which supports the delivery of the Corporate Plan for a range of HR issues
- Develop and promote best practice in all areas of performance management
- Adopt a customer focussed approach, seeking feedback from customers and acting on results
- Be available and approachable and encourage an environment of open and transparent communication establishing trust and credibility with customers
- Continuously update personal knowledge and skills keeping up to date with the latest legal issues
- Support HR Managers in the delivery of corporate initiatives as required
- Work with HR colleagues where appropriate to deliver a quality cross-directorate service
CIPD Qualified would be of an advantage
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07971 673 159
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: HR Advisor FTC, Reference: FTC / HRAdvisor". Thank you for your interest.