Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 pa
Reference: SM / 1811-116
Job Type: Permanent
Closing date: 01/03/2019
We are excited to be working in partnership with Maher; a global business who have been producing high strength, high performance alloys since 1932. They are an independently owned business who put people first in all that they do; whether you are an employee or a client, Maher are committed to promoting a culture where People Matter. As Investors in People they promote an environment where everyone has a voice and support an open door policy,. With their approach to first class customer service, and focus on profit through integrity, they have created a working culture that boasts high retention of staff who feel rewarded and challenged.
This role is part of the Senior Team with key responsibilities including:
Handling existing supplier relationships and developing a new potential supply base worldwide.
- Reviewing long term strategies and ongoing supplier performance.
- Planning the purchasing, sourcing and supply strategies based on forecasted data.
- Purchasing raw materials in line with organisational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Reviewing purchasing requisitions in accordance with organisational requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Reviewing specifications, current stocks and the company’s ability to supply in accordance to these.
- Resolve complex contract and purchase order differences with suppliers.
- Provide forecasted data of future organisation buying requirements to suppliers.
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities for Board reporting and other areas of the organisation.
We are looking for a commercially astute Purchasing Manager who can demonstrate experience working within the metals industry. You will demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills, specifically at Executive level. This role will require travel overseas to visit new and existing suppliers and so a flexibility to travel is important. You will possess strong natural leadership skills and ideally hold supply chain, purchasing, logistics or business administration related qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
£40,000 - £50,000 pa
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 01302 308 040
M: 07971 673 152
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Purchasing Manager, Reference: SM / 1811-116". Thank you for your interest.