Talent Development Scheme - Development Planner
Reference: GB / 1904-58
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Other Business Support
Closing date: 16/06/2019
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with The Harworth Group PLC, to recruit for their Talent Development Scheme. Listed on the main market, Harworth Group plc is a leading land regeneration and property investment specialist which owns, develops and manages a portfolio of approximately 21,500 acres across 120 sites with a gross asset value of over £500m.
As a member of the Talent Development Scheme, you will join an existing team of 67 dedicated people. As part of the scheme, you will be given full exposure to every aspect of the business over a two year period and on completion you will be deployed as a Development Planner and become an integral part of future growth plans. These are genuinely exciting times for Harworth Group and so, with this in mind we are looking to attract some of the brightest and best individuals onto the Scheme.
Working with Regions and Head of Planning to help evaluate new acquisition opportunities and subsequently promote Strategic Sites through Local Plans and secure planning permission to add value to the Harworth Group land portfolio.
- Carry out pre-planning site due diligence and local market assessments
- Work closely with the GIS & CAD Technician to provide accurate site plans and map key constraints
- Coordinate input from property agents and brief Architect/Masterplanner to provide Concept/Masterplan to assess optimal land use for sites.
- Undertake high level development appraisals using Argus Software/HG Land Trader Model to assess viability.
- Ensure all key information is uploaded onto the estates terrier database; which contains data relating to land tenure, property agreements, planning and environmental consents
- Support Head of Planning with Stakeholder Engagement, Promotion of sites through Local Plan Process to secure allocation.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of large scale planning applications
- Undertake industry research and produce briefings on legislative changes and industry good practice guidance
- A planning or development related degree, ideally have or working towards MRTPI or RICS Qualification.
- A full valid driving licence.
- Experience in handling planning applications and using GIS software desirable.
- Computer literate – MS Office (essential), Argus (ideal) and ArcGIS (ideal).
- Strong report writing.
- Attention for detail.
- Good communicator.
- Candidates will ideally be working for a local authority or a planning consultancy.
- Training for the role will be split between South Yorkshire, Midlands and the North West, so candidates
- must be flexible to travel. Upon completion of training, the role will be based in South Yorkshire.
- An opportunity to join a leading business who can offer a strong development programme with guaranteed opportunities
- Fantastic remuneration package
- Car allowance
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday
- Opportunity to be put through relevant qualifications such as RICS
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PARTNERS
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
T: 0114 399 0590
M: 07557 098 788
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Talent Development Scheme - Development Planner, Reference: GB / 1904-58". Thank you for your interest.