Harworth Estates is a specialist regeneration company with a range of interests across the Midlands and the North of England. With a land portfolio of over 27,000 acres across 200 sites, we believe in ‘transforming, regenerating & revitalising’ the areas we work in. We use our assets to deliver vibrant regeneration & development schemes, with:
- Over 8,500 new homes and over 8m sq. ft of employment space consented in the past six years;
- Six new business parks opening in the past 10 years; these support 65 businesses, from SMEs to international companies;
- 141 million MwH of power is produced on our land, enough to power 42,000 family homes; and
- A 15,000 acre agricultural estate supporting 100 farming families.
Harworth Estates delivers value in two ways
- Valuation gain of underlying portfolio
- Planning & development activity
- Value engineering
- Proactive asset management
- Strategic land acquisitions
- Rental returns from Business Park tenant portfolio
- Rental returns and royalties from energy generation, environmental technologies and our Agricultural portfolio
- Income generating streams from recycled aggregates & secondary coal products
Six teams support value creation
The Major Projects team delivers large scale, high quality development on seven consented principal schemes, including Waverley and Logistics North. The team actively manages sites through the their completion & maximises value through phased residential plot sales & commercial development.
The Strategic Land team focuses on securing planning consents across our portfolio, ranging from small rural infill plots to entire new communities and large-scale commercial development. Land is promoted at all stages of the planning process, including allocations & outline and reserved matters consents.
Engineering & Construction
This team delivers ‘value engineering’ to support both land sales and direct development on our sites. The team is also responsible for the construction of new units across the portfolio for either sale to end occupiers or to increase recurring income.
The Business Space team is responsible for managing Harworth’s range of commercial, industrial and office land and property to occupy. They also have responsibility for further expanding the employment offer on our land, offering Design & Build opportunities for occupiers on a number of sites.
The Natural Resources team works with a range of partner agencies to make the best use of a large proportion of Harworth’s land, including site restoration, recovery of coal and minerals, low carbon energy production and waste management. This includes a 20,000 acre agricultural portfolio.
The Operations team actively recovers ‘value’ through the recycling of secondary aggregates on a small number of Harworth’s sites. This includes the recovery of coal fines from former spoil tips and scrap recovery during demolition and site clearance.